St. Patrick’s Day is a day that is now celebrated around the world. Traditionally, on St. Patrick’s Day, Irish families would go to church in morning and celebrate in the afternoon. In addition to wearing green on this special day, here are some fun ways to celebrate and share love.
1. Make green eggs and ham with the kids and green eggs and ham frittata for the adults. The fritatta contains spinach, ham and havarti cheese. Yummy!
2. Surprise him with a limerick. A limerick is a poem in which the 1st , 2nd and 5th lines rhyme and have the same number of syllables. In addition, the 3rd and 4th lines rhyme with each other and have the same number of syllables…For example:
My love for you is always true…
In a dark storm, the sky seems blue.
Since you show love each day-
In your special, caring way…
I feel real love only for you.
Create a limerick that describes why you love him!
3. Create a four-leaf clover to express your love. (Use construction paper or other paper you have available.) On each leaf, write descriptive words expressing why you love him or her.
4. Stop by Burger King with your loved ones (on March 17th and 18th ) and grab a free order of fries with GREEN ketchup!
5. Have a picnic and feature green foods. Visit your local park or your backyard and have a green feast. Feast on grapes and sandwiches with green tomatoes.
6. Try a new adventure. Choose this day to try something new! Go bungee jumping.. O.K, if that’s too much, maybe try canoeing or birdwatching.
7. Make it a date night. There are so many activities scheduled for the St. Patrick’s day weekend. Find something that excites you!
Enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day!